Sunday, December 30, 2012

Felt Tooth Fairy Pouches

Remember when loosing a tooth was exciting?  Man do I miss those days.  My friend's 6 year old, who has been the innocent victim of my crafting for a number of years now, has his first loose tooth.  He's excited and therefor so am I even if my own memories of loose teeth aren't exactly pleasant.  After the methods I saw to pulling the loose teeth, I was more than willing to keep my mouth shut (pun fully intended on that one) when it came to my own loose teeth.  So to kick off B's tooth fairy dreams right, I made him a cute little tooth fairy pouch I found off nowhere else than Pinterest.

The Purl Bee has this stinking cute tutorial for these little puppies.

Tooth Fair Pouch from Purl Bee

They take no time at all to make.  I sewed part of mine and only hand stitching the tooth on.  I wasn't brave enough to try and machine sew that part.

Sorry for the bad cell phone photo here.  I will get good photos of these eventually.
I didn't have the nice white yarn so I went with matching ribbon I did have as well.

Purl Bee sells all the supplies to make these from there website.  I don't have the same colors they have but you can buy the felt from my Etsy shop, StitchinCute, for a fraction of the price.  I bought the spool of ribbon at Walmart for 50 cents and used two strands of a white tone DMC embroidery floss for the tooth.

Super simple and super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment